Welcome to First Presbyterian of Vicksburg
We’re so excited that you are considering FPC as your new church home.
Our mission statement is, “To Know Christ and Make Him Know, We value the Lordship of Jesus Christ, Biblical teaching and preaching, prayer, fellowship, worship and relationships. Please take a few moment to review the information on this website. You will find that our ministries are varied and exciting. God has a plan for you, and we have a community for you. You are welcome here!.
Fellowship and Renewal
Fellowship and Renewal God didn’t intend for us to live as isolated individuals. When we are nearer to Him, he also brings us nearer to one another. He wants us to be a community of believers. This is the purpose of Fellowship and Renewal Committee. We provide tablescapes and organize meals for several opportunities for fellowship with one other.
The next opportunity will be Holy Week when we host one of the ecumenical lunches. This is a wonderful opportunity to have fellowship with other churches in our downtown area. We also provide Sunday morning fellowship, Weekend of Renewal/Women’s Retreat, Wonderful Wednesday Meals and other special events. Last year we were the location for appetizers for the fundraiser for Grace Christian Counseling Center’s Progressive Dinner, hosted Bob Cunny’s 99th birthday celebration and hosted a potluck hamburger lunch to kick off the new Sunday School year. That is a lot of sweet fellowship with fellow believers! It also takes a lot of volunteers that I am very grateful for! These events couldn’t happen without them!
I have been given permission to include a list of our small groups meetings that provide another way to enjoy special fellowship and further your spiritual walk:
• Will Montgomery is teaching an in depth study of Job. This groups meets on Wednesday night at 6:00 in the classroom to the right of the elevator.
• Sara Johnson is teaching on Isaiah, This group meets at 6:00 on Wednesday night in the Library.
• Todd Boolos and Blake Teller are teaching a Max Lucado video series. They are currently meeting at the Teller home, in the pool house. This group meets on Tuesday night at 6:00.
• Fred Newcomb and Donna Bodron are teaching from The Christian Manifesto by Alistair Begg. They meet in the Koionia room Wednesday night at 6:00.
• Mike Davis is teaching an in depth study on David. They meet at 4:00 on Wednesday afternoon in the conference room.
• Fireside Chat is a discussion group currently studying They Turned the World Upside Down by Charles Martin. They meet Thursday at 10:00 in the conference room
No matter who you are, where you are from, where you are in your personal faith journey or past church experience, you are welcome and wanted at First Presbyterian Church.
God is good, all the time!
Please mark your calendars for February 11th. The Youth will be supporting and serving our annual Souper bowl of Caring event to benefit the local food pantry. All are encouraged to donate a pot of soup to raise funds for this worthy cause.
Youth Sunday School: Please join this Spring us as the youth continue their survey of the New Testament, focusing particularly on the Gospels. Youth Sunday School meets at 9:30 am in the teen room. Let us all praise God for His sacrifice in Christ and encourage our youth to strive to live a life that glorifies Him and bears witness to His awesome love and enduring faithfulness..
Children's Ministry News
Wonderful Wednesday Activities:
• Continuing to learn some Biblical doctrine using The New City Catechism for Kids which was recommended by Pastor Tim
Sunday School: The children are learning about the Holy Spirit and the beginning of the Church as they continue to study the New Testament using The Gospel Project Curriculum.
-Pre-K(3) through 1st grade meet in the Rainbow Room (113) with Laurie Malik, Randy Sherard, Phyllis Gebhart, & Gareth Lampkin.
-2 nd – 6 th Graders meet upstairs in the Joyful Noise Room (204) with Betty Kamman & Dennis Coulter
Continuing Prayer Ministry
OUR CONTINUING PRAYER MINISTRY for January lifts up the names of these within our congregational family, giving thanks to God and asking for His blessings to fill their lives:
March 3— John Cashman; Pat and Barbara Cashman; and Jim and Monnie Chaney
March 10—Sandy Clark; Betzebe Clarke; and Marilyn Corley
March 17—Dennis and Jennifer Coulter; George and Lerlyne Cronia; and Bob Cunny
March 24—Mike and Denesha Curtis; Faye Daniels; and Ward and Katy Daniels
March 31—Michael and Clarissa Davis; Zeki and Kay Demirbilek; and Glenn and Terri Denton